Manufacturing STP Pharmastpharm
Your health and safety is paramount to our business. We actively search for the best way to provide you with exceptional nutritional supplements so you don’t have to think twice when you see the STP-Pharma brand. From the details that make up the manufacturing component of each supplement, to choosing the containers that keep the contents and the environment safe and secure for generations to come.
All factors taken into consideration, Wet granulation, the traditional industry standard for preparing materials for tablets and capsules, requires the use of solvents and high temperature drying to achieve the necessary material characteristics. The wet granulation process potentially denatures the effective ingredients, resulting in a less effective supplement. At STP Pharmaceutical Corp., we partner with manufacturers that possess a process called Chilsonation to completely eliminate the need for the destructive process of wet granulation.
How Chilsonation works:
Raw materials are delivered via a system of horizontal and vertical screws. A series of grooved, counter-rotation rollers are pressed tightly together through hydraulic pressure. The rollers compact the raw materials into dense pellets through very high, direct pressure. The emerging pellets are milled into a fine granular powder using a Fitz mill .The finely ground powder is passed through a series of vibrating screens to produce a uniform, free flowing granulation.
The Chilsonation process provides us with a product with improved flow characteristics of the raw materials, meaning a better dispersion of the nutrients in the completed tablet. This uniform dispersion of nutrients provides increased nutrient bioavailability, the amount of active ingredient absorbed in your circulation system Vegetable Coating.
If the nutrients are exposed to the atmosphere they can be subject to oxidation and reduced activity, which can change the chemical structure of the supplement. This breakdown produces free radicals, which are an undesirable component in supplements and can reduce the overall efficacy.
All of the nutritional supplements on the STP Pharmaceutical Corp. will be packaged in PETE containers or in Blister forms.
Following benefits can be considered for the Blister packs:
- Freshness. Particularly for items that are used one at a time, having individual compartments can keep them at the ready for whenever the consumer is ready. Herbs, medications and other environmentally sensitive items may benefit from blister packaging for this reason.
- Dosage or serving size. For medicines and certain foods, these packages evenly portion out an item so that the consumer does not use too much of the product at once. Some seasoning blends benefit from blister packs because the company has already predetermined the amount needed for certain recipes. In a similar manner, medicine dosing is easier to understand and safer for the consumer when a this type of package is used.
- Packaging materials. Aesthetically, a plastic blister container is a good choice because it provides the product with a range of options for creating a visually appealing and texturally pleasing experience. Generally, plastic and cardboard are used in commercial applications. In the pharmaceutical industry, plastic and aluminum is normally the best choice to keep the product fresh.
- Visibility. With a plastic front, these containers allow consumers to view the product before purchasing. Doing so provides reassurance the amount of product contained is as advertised and that all pieces are accounted for. Even though customers can view the item, they cannot touch them. As such, the product is safeguarded from thieves and tampering.
- Security. For items that need to remain immobilized, the blister pack is an ideal solution. The individualized and generally small compartments do not allow for the movement of product within the packaging. This design protects items from damage caused in transit.
- Customization. Regardless of the size or number of items contained in the blister pack, it can be customized to fit the needs of the product.
Although PETE is the only plastic that can be recycled back into a container used for human consumables, it is also used for many other products.
In addition to protecting the delicate contents of the nutritional supplements inside, the PETE containers are recyclable and have the positive moisture, oxygen, and light-blocking features of a glass container, but with a smaller environmental footprint than glass packaging.